Thursday, July 22, 2010

Misconceptions of collaboration

As I stated last week, I’m re-branding this space to share some of my experiences regarding community management. Over the next 4 weeks, I will attempt to demystify some of the most common misconceptions surrounding collaboration.


Here are the topics of exploration:

1 - build it and they will come
2 - training is engagement
3 - documentation equals collaboration
4 - real communities never die


The goal is to create a concise fact sheet to help others when faced with the challenges of working in a collaborative process.


So stay tuned for next week’s first installment titled:

Build it and they will come, where I discuss the role & responsibilities of project managers in a virtual office.

9 comments:

steph said...

I can't wait for the next post! :)

Tariq Piracha said...

I'm looking forward to it as well. But if it's ready, why aren't you sharing the first installment? Why make us wait? (You tweeted that it was ready, but you're not sharing...?)

Nicholas Charney said...

He is building anticipation.

Blaze said...

Thanks Nick.

Anonymous said...

Came by as part of the blog rally and am very much looking forward to the next blog post - as an Agile coach I'm keenly interested in how to get people to collaborate effectively (Agile is pretty much about fostering collaboration and focusing on getting stuff done).

Anonymous said...

I feel so cheated Blaise!

Com'on now. Get on with it. ;)

Todd Lyons said...

Looking forward to this series. I see #1 so many times. Will subscribe via Reader.

okgc said...

So im wondering what youre going to say about the misconception "if you build it they will come".

The misconception is either that they wont come if you build it or that they will. Looking forward to that one so hurry up and get posting.

Anonymous said...

I am curious as to what you are going to say about the misconception that "if you build it they will come". The misconception is either they wont come if you build it or that they will. So hurry up and get posting will ya